Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sweet treat...

I'm a sucker for sweets and I love to bake any chance I get! My mom gave me a cupcake recipe book for Christmas and I love it! They are so easy and delicious. Thought I would share one of the cupcake recipes, it's super yummy!

Cookies & Cream Dream (w/Vanilla Buttercream Frosting)

1 box chocolate cake mix
1 Cup Sour Cream
3 Eggs
1 tsp. Vanilla
Lots of Oreo Cookies (Some whole, Some crumbled)


Mix together cake mix, sour cream, eggs and vanilla. Place a spoonful of batter on the bottom of each paper liner. Place a whole cookie on the bottom lying flat. cover with remaining batter until 3/4 full.

Bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes. Allow cupcakes to cool on a rack completely.

Add crumbled cookies to buttercream frosting and frost cupcakes!

Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
1 Stick of Butter, room temperature
3 3/4 C Powdered Sugar
3-4 Tbsp milk or cream
2 tsp vanilla

Place butter in a large mixing bowl. Beat until light and fluffy, about 30 seconds. Stop beating before adding sugar to avoid a large mess. Add sugar, milk or cream and vanilla. Beat frosting starting on slow, increasing your speed until frosting is nice and creamy. If frosting is too thick you can add up to 1 more Tbsp of milk.


***When I made these, I did not have enough oreo cookies to put a whole cookie in each cupcake so I just made the chocolate cupcakes w/out the oreo inside and then just added crumbled oreos to the frosting like it says. I thought it tasted just fine like that but I'm sure it's really good with the oreo cookies inside the cupcake as well! :) These were super easy and fast - and they didn't taste like they from a cake mix!! ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment